Proposal 3: Michigan Energy, Michigan Jobs

Proposal 3: Michigan Energy, Michigan Jobs

Background: Requires utilities to obtain at least 25% of electricity from renewable sources by 2025. Limits consumer rate increases from renewables-related costs to no more than 1% per year; creates incentives to employ Michigan workers and equipment.

What it does: Reduces our state’s dependence on foreign oil and out-of-state energy. Ensures Michigan energy is clean, creating a healthier, safer environment for children. Encourages the production of energy, like wind and solar, here in Michigan, made by Michigan workers.

Proposal 3 is supported by:

Huntington Bank

Michigan Oil and Gas Association

Rattle with Us Tea Party

ReTakeOurGov Tea Party

Sheldon Adelson

Waste Management

This post was written by
We're dedicated to making sure every voting Michigander has all the information they need to make the correct decision.

16 Comments on "Proposal 3: Michigan Energy, Michigan Jobs"

• The power companies and the so called tea party people want to keep using oil, gas and clean coal to create electicty how can you have clean coal do people wash it or does it come from the ground that way no way, i want to see wind and solar power being used as well.

• I so agree with you on that note. I noticed the list of major companies that against proposal three, which I’m not surprised by DTE, Consumer Energy, Huntington Bank at all. Corporations are all greedy, they make billions, but are never satisfied, always want more, even if they aren’t providing what’s best for the consumer.

• peter romano says

I agree, I beleive this is very important for the state

• Shane loberman says

Michigan workers.Id say most of the wealthy have there hands in anything that will bennefit them or there friends. As long as the checks good they dont care about who there hurting planet or people. I agree we need to start using other forms of energy and employe

• kyle rohlf says

i vote yes

• Ryan says

Keep me working, vote yes!

• Mia says

The fact Amway doesn’t want this is enuf for me….Clean energy is needed….The young want it…I have children, and they want clean energy…..$ is a big issue here, especially us who pay the power bill……The proposal says the electric companies cannot raise our rates more then 1%…..Any truth to this….Electricity is now sooooooooo expensive…Tooo me , $ matters..Big Oil just plain sucks, and if we little guys can find a way…..Yes…….

• David L says

there is no such thing as “clean coal”. ALL things that are burned, cause air polution in some way. I think it’s good that there is a cap on rate hikes

• Susan Jackson says

Vote! Yes.

• Tony Gonzalez says

Yes, We Need it and the cap!

• Dennis H. says

My only concern on voting ‘yes’ on this proposal is the 10,000 or more jobs that current workers could lose. Renewable energy is the way of a brighter future though, and I’m still working on becoming fully informed on all proposals before election day. I’m pretty sure I will be voting ‘yes’ on this proposal, as I believe that even if there is a job loss, others will be created.

• Rebecca F. says

Vote Yes! and stick it to DTE!

• Nkrumah Grant says

It is imperative that we vote YES on this proposal. As a biology student it doesn’t take much to recognize the effects of pollution in our biosphere. In addition, as we continue to develop clean renewable energy sources we are stepping away from our dependence on foreign oil. Look at the increase in cancers and the the increase in the number of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder just to name a few. Whether related to this problem, it cannot be completely deduced, but it is definitely something to think about. As I ride in Michigan and I see the new wind turbines going up I think of all the jobs that are being created in that sector and the long term effects of them. Clean air, independence, cheaper electric bill and so much more.

• Bradley B says

As far as the job losses to the existing and the rate increase$ go, in the game of life, some times you have to take a few steps back to be able to LEAP forward—- Yes all the way…

Trackbacks

• Trackback from Voting 101 | Student Blog
    Tuesday, 6 November, 2012

[...] 1-5. Check out this site! Also, here’s some more info I found on the site on Proposals 1, 2, 3,4,5. Proposal 6 was a little harder to find, but nevertheless here’s an article that provides [...]

Leave Your Comment